With printers becoming common like a household product, printer ink cartridges are always in demand. This makes them one of the best items to start an ecommerce business.
What Is Ecommerce?
To put it down in simple words, ecommerce is the buying and selling of goods and services over the internet. With everything going electronic, transactions over the internet are now a very common feature and a rather comfortable one too, both for the buyer and the seller. On the buyer’s part, orders can be placed from the comfort of their home. The market is not limited to one city alone but covers the entire world and offers a variety of choices. On the seller’s side, online business means less investment, flexible working hours and a larger consumer base. In all, it is a win-win situation for both parties.
Starting an Online Business
Once you decide to start an online business, you must shortlist the item or items that you would like to sell. Ink cartridges have a good market, both as a household and office product and it will be a good bet to take it up. Broadly speaking, there are some common business rules which should be kept in mind but there are a few things that are also product specific.
Here, We Will Concentrate On The Ink Cartridge Business.
- Recognize Your Product: Printer inks are available in different types. You have companies which produce genuine cartridges, like Canon cartridges, and also the refilled ones. Don’t be surprised to know that there is a good demand for refilled cartridges as they are cheaper compared to the original one. As a vendor you need to keep the consumer in mind and make available those which are in demand.
- Know Your Customer: It is true that cartridges are used in various fields but each field has its own range of demands. Some areas use more ink than the others and may have a greater demand. It is also true that some service providers who run a small printing business demand refilled cartridges. Accordingly, you must decide on how many genuine cartridges and how many refilled cartridges to have in your inventory.
- Build A Website: You can get a website built for your business or develop one yourself. This will mark your presence on the internet. You need to have an identity where costumers can drop in and take a look at your products. This website will be your face in the market. Make sure to have a website that is easy to navigate with all necessary information displayed.
- Advertise: In today’s world, advertising is a must. If you do not advertise you will never be noticed. You need to make your presence felt. You could use forums, blogs, or even email marketing.
- Keep A Stock Of Good Brands: Brand power cannot be ignored. For example, an HP deskjet printer will have to have a cartridge which has been specifically made for the particular model. No other cartridge will do. The same applies in the case of a laser toner cartridge. Every printer has its own specification.
There are many players operating in the market for printer ink cartridges. You need to develop your business and ultimately deliver that special touch which will make you stand out from among the rest. This will happen only after you enter the market and understand customer requirements.
About the Author: Andrew Yeung is president of CompAndSave, a leading online provider of premium printer ink cartridges, including remanufactured and compatible printer ink cartridges. With deals every month and a 1-year guarantee of quality, CompandSave provides an easy way for people and businesses to purchase printer ink and accessories.
Learn about CompandSave's deals and news from the world of printing by following us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+!