Tips for Getting Best Results with DSLR Cameras
In order to get the best results with a DSLR camera, the following tips will be very useful.
- Using Lens Hood at All Times: It is essential to use matching lens hood whenever you are taking a picture with a DSLR camera. This will protect the lens from damage and to block light that might come at an angle and cause a reflection on the front lens element. The sharpness and contrast in the picture will be seriously affected with this reflection. In order to get crisp photos, it is essential to use the lens hood.
- Using Autofocus Mode Continuously for Moving Subjects: A special feature of DSLR cameras, when in autofocus mode, enables it to adjust its focus continuously if you are tracking a moving subject. As such when you press the shutter while shooting a moving object, the autofocus automatically adjusts the focus. As such, it is essential to use the continuous autofocus mode while shooting moving objects.
- Adjustment of Exposure: It is necessary to come out of the automatic mode whenever necessary to adjust the exposure. As cameras are calibrated for an average scene, the exposure will need to be adjusted if the scene to be shot is not average depending upon the brightness or darkness of the scene and how the background is lit. The method of adjustment of the exposure is by using the exposure compensation controls or by changing over to manual exposure mode.
- Using an External Flash: For simple snapshots, the built-in integral flash of a DSLR camera is adequate to give good results. But, for more critical work, it is essential to bounce the light off a wall or a ceiling so that you get more diffused light instead of a direct flash. As such, an external flash that has good bouncing quality should be used.
- Adjusting ISO Speed: In order to adjust the sensitivity of the image sensor to light, the ISO speed can be made high or low. A high speed will reduce the needed exposure but it will increase the noise in the picture. As such, it is recommended that the lowest possible ISO speed would be used. The speed might have to be increased if you are taking photos in low light or if you are taking action photos.
About the Author: Andrew Yeung is president of CompAndSave, a leading online provider of premium printer ink cartridges, including remanufactured and compatible printer ink cartridges. With deals every month and a 1-year guarantee of quality, CompandSave provides an easy way for people and businesses to purchase printer ink and accessories.
Learn about CompandSave's deals and news from the world of printing by following us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+!