Mother's Day is right around the corner! It is important to let your mother or grandmother know how much you appreciate them. If you are still searching for the perfect way to do so–don't worry, we have you covered. Below is a list of our favorite DIY projects that you can create using your home printer! Find the project you want to create and click the link for detailed instructions. Each project is easy to create and will make a great gift for your mother.
|Image from: abeautifulmess.com|
- Stitched Photo Art - Does your mom have a favorite photo? Did you take a recent photo of a grandchild that would make a grandma beam with pride? Why not print the photo out in black and white and then add pops of color by stitching yarn or embroidery fabric throughout the photograph? Purchase or recycle an old frame and you are good to go! This is a unique twist on the typical framed photograph gift!
Image from: http://www.domestically-speaking.com
- Burlap Decorative Sign- Did you know you can print on burlap? This step by step tutorial walks you through how to print on burlap. Use this skill to create some wall art for your mom to hang up around the house. Is there a poem or song lyric that reminds you of your mom? Print these words onto the burlap and frame the end result. Add any other decorations such as flowers or buttons to enhance the look.
Image from: http://oleandercreek.blogspot.com
- Transfer A Photo To Wood- So you have a really great photo but ordering it as a canvas print too pricey–try this instead; print out the photo on regular printer paper to get started. The photo will transfer with a rustic feel. Try this for a grandmother who can’t get enough of their grandchildren.
Image from: http://leelala.net
- Photo Coasters - Personalize ordinary household items such as coasters. It is easy just print your photos out on tissue paper and follow the steps listed on this site. The shape of the coasters is perfect for wrapping as well! Not only is this gift useful, it will also fill your mother with feelings of nostalgia.
Image from: http://content.photojojo.com
- Plastic Photo Jewelry- Practically every women loves jewelry. Instead of running to the store and buying your mom a factory-made necklace or one that pretty much every woman is wearing, make jewelry that is unique to her. This project allows you to print out a photo or a special image and then shrink it down in the oven! You can make necklaces, earrings, rings or bracelets! If you are feeling really ambitious you can eve make her a matching set.
Making your own gifts may be time consuming but it adds a special personal touch. If you don’t have time to do any of the projects above you can also use your printer to create greeting cards, gift tags or wrapping paper. Do not be afraid to add your own twist to any of the projects above. The beauty of using your own home printer is that you are in control of the outcome and can adjust the projects to fit your needs and the personality of the person you are making the gift for.
Looking for more ideas? Visit our Pinterest page and check out our Printer Crafts board! We update the board weekly adding new projects that you can accomplish by using your printer.
What other projects have you made using your printer? What is your favorite material to print on?
About the Author: Andrew Yeung is president of CompAndSave, a leading online provider of premium printer ink cartridges, including remanufactured and compatible printer ink cartridges. With deals every month and a 1-year guarantee of quality, CompandSave provides an easy way for people and businesses to purchase printer ink and accessories.