Why and How You Can HelpWe all know that e-waste is a serious problem and that we need to do all we can to minimize the amount of e-waste that ends up in landfills (because in spite of estimates and postulations, no one really knows how long it takes for plastics to biodegrade). If you're already carrying your own reusable bag to the store each time you go grocery shopping good for you! Here are simple life hacks on how to recycle and make a difference:
- Recycle newspapers; use them as creative gift wrap
- Use both sides of paper for printing; don’t print unless necessary
- Replace regular bulbs with LEDs
- Ditch bottled water; carry your own flask (or coffee cup)
- Take a shorter shower; or (more fun) share a shower!
- Reuse. It makes economic and environmental sense to use pre-owned item
- Plant a tree
- Tune your car engine and learn to drive fuel efficiently
- Adjust your thermostat; switch off appliances when not in use
- Cycle or walk, telecommute, use an electric vehicle – reduce use of gas
- Pay bills online, make payments online instead of issuing checks, ask for e-statements
- Buy local, seasonal produce that isn’t carted over long distances or artificially ripened
How to Get More People Involved in Recycling
|Image from: industrialrecyclersms.com|
- Gather your colleagues together on your lunch break and briefly talk about recycling ink and toner cartridges. Invite your office mates to mail us their used cartridges or create a collective where used office cartridges and those of others can be mailed to us all together.
- At your next Tupperware party, take a minute to highlight the benefits of our recycling program that helps out the Food For the Poor Non-Profit
- The next time you get friends together for a barbecue, mention the ease with which you can all help reduce e-waste to get more people on board
- When your book club meets next, make a mention of this as well
- Make a mention of this cause in a Whatapp group that you may be a part of
We are happy to receive as many cartridges as possible from you and we are happy to do the recycling for you. Help us in reaching our 10,000 cartridge goal by shipping all your used cartridges to us at –
Attn: Cartridge Donations
38929 Cherry St.
Newark, CA 94560